When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desperate measures

-
Last few mornings woke up to ashes covering our cars and trucks! Fire is over 50 miles away from us! Here's a picture... zoom in on the sun...

WISHING YOU ALL DA BEST Prewarmachine,down yonder ,,It aint lookin good here either,,Was at the Firehouse Today ,,here in Fairfax Ca ,checking in on my hoser buddies,,and some chose to go ,meaning out to a fire thats 100 miles from here ,,leaving behind his wife and kids Last year at this time 2019 were 4000 fires that consumened 29000 acres,,and 2020 were 6000 fires and 1 million acres so far ,,and fire season has just begun,,Some were caused by Lightning and some were caused by STUPID PEOPLE,and now the latest is Arson!!!I have friends to the North that are 2nd Gen Growers and have never seen these weather conditions,let alone all these fires,Its been raining ash here ,from a fire 60 miles away ,,The sun aint yellow ,,its red ,,everyday,,and a Town way north Called Paradise,Ca that got wiped out in 2018,,had to leave again today.
KEEP THE FAITH Prewarmachine,Ya Got My Blessings

A little update. Made it back home Monday night. We are now evacuation level 1, down from level 3. Hoping the rain gets here soon and the fires get hit hard.
Dodged the looters barely, looks like just a lot of ash cleanup...but I'm okay with that result!
You still ok? and what about the bikes in the field?

Just saw this! Glad you're back home! Was West Linn in an evacuation zone, or are you living somewhere else?

Everything is going good now. Can finally relax a bit. Thanks for checking in! West Linn was in a level 1 evacuation, but really wasn't in any danger. I managed to get all the bikes out of the field and into the garage to keep any other potential looters away. Still haven't had the chance to wash the ash off a few of them though. Only a few scrapes from moving them in such a rush.

Back