When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detroit and Chicago CL

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

phantom

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Gotta love those locations for bikes. This one would last about 4 minutes on Atlanta CL and sell for at least a hundred more..

It's all about location, location and location. 😂
Honestly here is what I think. Back in the 50's 60's both cities were booming with huge populations and there were a whole lot of middle to upper middle income earners that could afford to buy their kids a Schwinn. The largest city in the South was Atlanta metro with about 1/2 a million. Average workers didn't make the same money as union workers and a Schwinn would have been a real splurge over a department store bicycle.

Smoking deal on the chestnut cruiser 5, at memory lane and Monroe, one was going for $1000, a nice black one was going for $800. I bought mine for $300 at Ann arbor a few years ago, not in this nice of shape. After a full blow apart detail, tires and tubes, it's one of favorites to ride!

Anyone ever take a chance and contact a stranger on Craigslist and try to buy and ship a bike like these? I don't have that sort of trust

Anyone ever take a chance and contact a stranger on Craigslist and try to buy and ship a bike like these? I don't have that sort of trust
It's all about the the communication. I try to get a phone number or direct email and see if the seller is genuine. Haven't had an issue with the ones that came accross with quick replies and honest answers. Goes for Kijiji too.
Kryn

Back