When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detroit and Chicago CL

-
When selling on Craigslist I always ask for a phone number from a buyer. At the least it makes someone who is a flake or a scammer decide to skip me. Buying is a bit different since my money is going somewhere else. Yes talking goes a long way but seeing something is person is the best. Maybe it is more of issue in LA or large cities.
Those are nice bikes though!

And the hits keep coming $120

Honestly here is what I think. Back in the 50's 60's both cities were booming with huge populations and there were a whole lot of middle to upper middle income earners that could afford to buy their kids a Schwinn. The largest city in the South was Atlanta metro with about 1/2 a million. Average workers didn't make the same money as union workers and a Schwinn would have been a real splurge over a department store bicycle.
I think you're on the money. When I was a kid in the '60's, you heard about people leaving for the north all the time, because that's where the good jobs were. The textile industry was the biggest in the south, and even then it was notorious for low wages.

Back