When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dial M for...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
IMG_1013.JPG
Eisuke Miyata (1840-1900) made parts for rickshaws and was also a gun maker. In 1890, his son Eitarō built a bicycle out of rifle barrels made in his dad's factory. Nothing much happened in terms of production until the father died. The factory at that point discontinued gun production, due to extreme import competition, and began to make cycles exclusively.
IMG_1003.JPG

I found this on tag on eBay. It looks like a key fob, but was listed as an inspection tag.
This is the back. Perhaps someone here can translate. It's a nice little hunk of aluminum.
IMG_1012.JPG

Miyata is credited with Japan's first use of flash-butt welding, and with electrostatic painting.

View attachment 813777 Eisuke Miyata (1840-1900) made parts for rickshaws and was also a gun maker. In 1890, his son Eitarō built a bicycle out of rifle barrels made in his dad's factory. Nothing much happened in terms of production until the father died. The factory at that point discontinued gun production, due to extreme import competition, and began to make cycles exclusively.
View attachment 813775
I found this on tag on eBay. It looks like a key fob, but was listed as an inspection tag.
This is the back. Perhaps someone here can translate. It's a nice little hunk of aluminum.
View attachment 813776
Miyata is credited with Japan's first use of flash-butt welding, and with electrostatic painting.
That is a great background story. Good ruck!

Back