When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did A Little Tune-up Today

-

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I figured it's been awhile since I gave some love to this one. I had it out to ride on Friday and it just didn't feel as good as it used to.

Here's what I have done today, despite the nasty weather!

- Replaced missing washers at chainguard rear mount
- Replaced master link (heavily worn)
- Changed mounting spot of my speedometer
- Full wash and detail (it needed it!)

It rides so much quieter now and the chain feels nice and taut while accelerating.

Now if I only I could replace that seat spring I broke!!! :mad:

I think it looks better since I cleaned the paint and polished up the patina once again. The new spot for the speedometer is better too!

Looks SHARP for 53 years of age!

004.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:
Looks pretty good for a Huffy. :p What brand speedo is that? Appears to have a very long cable and there's at least one person I know that can't find one long enough for his 25" frame lightweight.

Looks pretty good for a Huffy. :p What brand speedo is that? Appears to have a very long cable and there's at least one person I know that can't find one long enough for his 25" frame lightweight.

Hahaha you should know all my bikes are Dayton-built :p

I don't know what brand the speedometer is. I found it on eBay and it was cheap.

Back