did any other bikes come with a welded on kickstand besides Schwinn?

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

49autocycledeluxe

I live for the CABE
May 29, 2017
fremont california
just read a post about a Schwinn low priced bikes with bolt on kickstands and got me to thinking, who else had a kickstand like Schwinn??

AndyA

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 24, 2017
bergen county
Some Huffys have integral kickstands. Example below is a Huffy Tundra MTB from 1980's or 1990's. Unlike the Schwinn-type kickstand, which has an internal coil spring, this one has a cylindrical piece of spring steel that wraps around the outside of the piece that is welded to the frame.

ricobike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Apr 8, 2014
Evanston, United States
No pictures, but I had a Murray middleweight that had a built in kickstand.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

kingsting

Look Ma, No Hands!
Sep 5, 2008
Land of Three Mile Island, United States
Some Raleighs like the Twenty and Chopper had a similar setup.

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
@49autocycledeluxe :blush: I bought a 24" 50s straight bar bare Columbia frame for $20 thinking it was possibly a Schwinn due to the built in cam style kickstand lol. I didn't know any better at the time, didn't pay attention to the drop outs but it didn't matter as it will eventually build a klunker or somethin' cool on some 24x3" fatties

Reactions: 49autocycledeluxe

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
True. I wish my Bianchi had one though, would be more convenient.
I have grown accustom to kick stands too. However, some just suck when they let your bike topple over sideways :confounded:. Couldn't imagine something as nice as some of your vintage bikes doing that ; I would be pissed & brokenhearted

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
Planet Vulcan
I have grown accustom to kick stands too. However, some just suck when they let your bike topple over sideways :confounded:. Couldn't imagine something as nice as some of your vintage bikes doing that ; I would be pissed & brokenhearted
Oddly, the junk bikes often have the best vintage kickstands because they didn’t get used the nice bikes have worn heads and springs.

Reactions: Superman1984

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
Oddly, the junk bikes often have the best vintage kickstands because they didn’t get used the nice bikes have worn heads and springs.
I know with the 24" 50s frame Columbia I bought the cam feels Good & Solid even though it is missing the outer cover cap. I figured out it wasn't a Schwinn by the kick stand, it didn't stand up with 26" wheels mocked up with a 26" beach cruiser front fork & I still wanna build it because I like the damn kick stand :tearsofjoy:

This ad goes away when you register for an account!