When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

did any other bikes come with a welded on kickstand besides Schwinn?

-
@49autocycledeluxe :blush: I bought a 24" 50s straight bar bare Columbia frame for $20 thinking it was possibly a Schwinn due to the built in cam style kickstand lol. I didn't know any better at the time, didn't pay attention to the drop outs but it didn't matter as it will eventually build a klunker or somethin' cool on some 24x3" fatties

True. I wish my Bianchi had one though, would be more convenient.
I have grown accustom to kick stands too. However, some just suck when they let your bike topple over sideways :confounded:. Couldn't imagine something as nice as some of your vintage bikes doing that ; I would be pissed & brokenhearted

I have grown accustom to kick stands too. However, some just suck when they let your bike topple over sideways :confounded:. Couldn't imagine something as nice as some of your vintage bikes doing that ; I would be pissed & brokenhearted

Oddly, the junk bikes often have the best vintage kickstands because they didn’t get used the nice bikes have worn heads and springs.

Oddly, the junk bikes often have the best vintage kickstands because they didn’t get used the nice bikes have worn heads and springs.
I know with the 24" 50s frame Columbia I bought the cam feels Good & Solid even though it is missing the outer cover cap. I figured out it wasn't a Schwinn by the kick stand, it didn't stand up with 26" wheels mocked up with a 26" beach cruiser front fork & I still wanna build it because I like the damn kick stand :tearsofjoy:

Back