When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Schwinn ever make a Black Phantom with a standard Heavy Weight Fork?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree with you
Its just the orange/black paint on the fork that is under the head that seems commercially done
Thanks again

The red looks like schwinn primer, and the black is the original color, then the top red is the repaint. They never made a Phantom with a straight bar and rigid fork.

Did Schwinn ever make the rigid heavy weight fork? I a, thinking that this fork was added to the frame since the handle bars were pounded into it
I also want to save the fork - any good methods for removing the stem from the fork?
Thanks

That is a schwinn fork. Im not an expert about that style but they used them pre war into the 40's i think? Removing the stem requires lots of patience, whiskey, heat, penetrating fluid, and a hacksaw blade! Good luck!

That is a schwinn fork. Im not an expert about that style but they used them pre war into the 40's i think? Removing the stem requires lots of patience, whiskey, heat, penetrating fluid, and a hacksaw blade! Good luck!

Phantom fraame.jpg

That's a lot of encouragement for me and my '95 Germaine...

That clay red paint on the fork's steer tube is red oxide primer that Schwinn used on every bike. I've noted that some forks were sprayed and others dipped. Here's a 50's ballooner fork the looks to be painted in Spitfire Blue.

s-l1600.jpg

Back