When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Schwinn reproduce the tank for the 1941 Autocycle Super Deluxe??

-

Greg M.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello.
I am wondering if Schwinn reproduced the tank for a 1941 Autocycle Super Deluxe??
This is the tank without the horn button on the side like most tanks and has the headlight switch on the top right side.
Any input would be helpful.
Thank you.

Greg

I am pretty sure the only tanks that schwinn reproduced were the phantom tanks. They also licensed a reproduction of the straightbar tanks used on early panthers and hornets.

Thanks.
That's what I thought too. I even saw the earlier flat canti tanks being reproduced in steel and sold recently.
What I was refering to was a recent ebay sale. Item# 320633275046 The seller says the tank is from the 1995 anniversary reproduction run. I asked if the tank was modified to look like the '41 tank and he said it came that way. Just wondering as I thought the '41 Super Deluxe Autocycle tank was one of the harder ones to locate as it is a one year tank.

Greg,

Greg,

Where did you see metal hanging cantilever
tanks being reproduced?

Are these stamped metal
like the originals or are you refering
to the molten metal cast examples from
VintageSchwinn?

thanks,

TheSaint
redondo beach, ca

It was VintageSchwinn from ebay around March. Not sure about the construction method.

Greg

Happy New Year!
OK.
Now there is another '41 tank on ebay ( item# 320638454178 )which brings my question up again that I never received an answer to. Did Schwinn reproduce the '41 tank w/o the hole?

Thanks,
Greg

Back