When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did you ever dress like this as a kid to ride your muscle bike???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The kid in the ad looks like a Ken doll.....and no, nobody in our neighbor hood would be seen in public looking like that unless forced to go to some event with parents.

I can hear the barbs and quips now...."Hey Ken, did you get any more outfits to go with your Barbie dolls." "Hey Barbie, I mean hey Ken, whacha doing?"

Early 70’s shoes like I wore. I loved them! Made my mom buy them for me!
6D712746-AFC8-401E-912F-BA9FEB0DA074.jpeg

I'll bet I sold a few of those in 1968. I used to be a Dime Store Manager in Mississippi! And at Christmas time I sold a lot of Murray and AMF wheel toys.
But I'll Guarantee this, NONE of the kids in Mississippi looked anything like that!

Before my time, but if I had to take a guess as to why they did that. I would say all the surf bands of the time dressed like that and were associated with drag racing. That look was popular with the motor sports guys.

You may be onto something . Advertising Agents had to try to mimic popular culture to sell . This look was fairly popular ( Not with Me ) It seem to be Everywhere at one point . I surfed a lot as a kid..................The Beach Boys Were Very Popular.......................AND Totally dressed like this . Many Bands ( American , and British ) Dressed this way . :poutingcat: I hope the Kid in the Murray ad was not real.................If he was real.....................He's probably still depressed over that Ad . :rage:

DSCF1317.JPG

DSCF1318.JPG

DSCF1321.JPG

DSCF1323.JPG

Back