When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Die for fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

toyman

I live for the CABE
Anybody out the got a new or used die for the fork on a bicycle.Would take one with or without a handle.Also,What is the size of the die.I know the thread count is 24

you can get them on eBay brand new for like $20. I got one there and it worked just fine. I'd recommend the handle with it myself, since you need slight downward pressure along with the side twisting. But, many people get away without the handle.

My husband made his own handle at work.
Deb

20171216_160913.jpg

20171216_160902.jpg

Anybody out the got a new or used die for the fork on a bicycle.Would take one with or without a handle.Also,What is the size of the die.I know the thread count is 24
If youre cleaning up old threads its best to use a thread file. This will "dress" the bad threads without cutting into the good metal. A die will cut into the metal and make the threads loose.

Not true, in addition, it is probably easier for a novice to cause damage with a file.
Well,Allrighty then. I think a novice would most certainly do more damage with a die. I’d think it would take an extra extra heavy hand to destroy threads with a THREAD FILE. I’ve used both many times over the years

Back