When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Die for fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not true, in addition, it is probably easier for a novice to cause damage with a file.
Not with a 24 pitch thread file. A die can cross thread if it isn’t started straight and timed with the existing threads. A thread file follows the existing threads, only removing material that is mashed into them. I’ve been a machinist for 35 years, a thread file is the right way to dress these threads.
6135C506-6DBA-45C2-B9A1-DEEA459DE6E5.jpeg

IV USED MY 1 INCH 24 TPI FOR YEARS NEVER NAF ANY TROUBLE CHASING THREADS OR MAKING NEW ONES BUT ILL GIVE U SOME GOOD ADVICE GET A GOOD DIE NOT A CHEEP ONE ULL KOWE WHAT I MEAN WHEN U GET IT

Not with a 24 pitch thread file. A die can cross thread if it isn’t started straight and timed with the existing threads. A thread file follows the existing threads, only removing material that is mashed into them. I’ve been a machinist for 35 years, a thread file is the right way to dress these threads.View attachment 1015445
Yes, of course, if cross threaded, the die will cause damage. That's not the point. Damage can be caused with a file. This wanted ad is about finding a die, not about the merits of a file. People often want a die to extend the threads. Try doing that with your file.

Back