When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Different Bars

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
I want to change these bars out on this bike. They have me way too stretched out. This bike, as you can see, has index shifting. Can I somehow go back to stock bars and put another form of index shifting on? Is that possible?

You can go with indexed bar-end shifters, I've done that on a Shogun I converted to a touring bike using 9 speed Shimano. That's assuming this is a drop bar bike of course. I think there's a thumbie version for mountain bikes, probably other versions as well.
IMG_20170426_075519.jpg

Last edited:
I can add my moustache bike - tall stem needs to be 50 mm closer than you'd use on drops - this is a 70 mm.
M0u2TGP.jpg

and alt mountain bars, Ahearne Map bars - you need your seat farther back as you go up, and I used Nitto lugged seapost, which has 38 mm offset.
jrMHKuc.jpg

also hard to beat short reach, short drop Cinelli 64 Giro Dream Bars. which I have on 2 bikes
KZzEdEp.jpg

3sNsNTG.jpg

Back