When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dimensions of Rollfast/Hawthorne springer fork rocker plates and bushings?

-
I could use a couple of sets, with all the different variations of that springer are the bushings all the same?

Sorry for the delay. I had to take these parts off my bike to measure them and couldn't get to it earlier in the week.

Hopefully this is the springer you have. :D
View attachment 546596

And these are the parts you need?
View attachment 546597

I calculated the 2.052 dimension by adding half the diameter of each hole to 1.687 reference. But I included the reference dimensions since that is what you asked for.
View attachment 546598

View attachment 546599

The shoulder length is .187 but the rocker plate is .125 and the brass washer is .062, which means that when you bolt everything up tight it is line to line. I noticed that I had some binding in mine, so I added some 1/32" thick shims that basically extend the length of the shoulder by about .030. That is probably a little too much but that was all I had. If I was going to make the shoulder bolt myself, I would probably make the shoulder .200 long instead of .187 just to make sure there would be a little bit of clearance when everything is tightened up.
View attachment 546600

I added the little shim to the left to create a little more clearance.
View attachment 546601

View attachment 546602

Hope this helps,
Rusty.

I have a little different style springer and asking for some help. I know I’m missing a rocker arm bolt if anyone has an extra one.
Is there a similar assembly diagram for this springer?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

B3A6DDF2-D891-44BC-8916-D4780ED54544.jpeg

1517FA78-B4E8-4969-9E97-1659E88D0408.jpeg

Ha! I just ran across this thread again. I remember doing this now but to be honest, I'd forgotten about it (6 years ago). lol

Glad to see that it has helped some people! Thanks to all for the additional contributions!

Last edited:
I have a little different style springer and asking for some help. I know I’m missing a rocker arm bolt if anyone has an extra one.
Is there a similar assembly diagram for this springer?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Ranman,
That fork is from a Hopalong Cassidy bike from about 1952. The parts are probably slightly different but I'm pretty sure that the assembly would be the same as the Hawthorne.

Edit: From the looks of barracuda's bike in post #8, it looks like Hawthorne may have used it as well!

Last edited:
Ha! I just ran across this thread again. I remember doing this now but to be honest, I'd forgotten about it (6 years ago). lol

Glad to see that it has helped some people! Thanks to all for the additional contributions!

It really helped me on my 49 Hawthorne, and I've saved this thread and pics to help others also....Thanks...

Back