When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dipping back in

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spitshineschwinn

Finally riding a big boys bike
It's been quite some time since I took on a mild clean up and re-furbish on an old Schwinn, and this time a Lady caught my eye!
I had been keeping my eye out for something with good bones to play with. My goal, now that I've settled on the candidate, is to trade my 26 yr. old granddaughter out of the Schwinn Lil Chic she has had for years. The bike I've settled with is this 1957 Schwinn Spitfire. I know I want to find a seat close to original, and I'll need to order a set of WW for the ivory wheels. I'm seriously considering replacing the chain ring with a lucky 7 to make it pedal easier. I've temporarily mounted a Corvette rear fender just to see if chrome would do. Verdict still out. I've cleaned all but the front wheel in these pics, and already there is such improvement.

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

Great upgrade to the 24, the paint looks really nice. Do you have the painted fenders? It may be quite a task to match a set if not. I'm not sure of the chrome. Good luck

Despite my feelings towards red bikes & Schwinns; I think with that bike being as clean as it is & creme painted wheels it needs chrome or stainless fenders. Too much creme like too much red sometimes just is boring.

It's actually a 26", but it does look smaller. It came without fenders, so the hunt is on. A rear rack is something else I'm considering.
I know it's not original but I have a Schwinn style rounded 4 hole rack I am cleaning pink paint off of if you'd be interested? Even if temporary (will be ready to primer & paint etc) & cheaper than evilbay prices. Feel free to pm if so .... eventually will be posted in the for sale forum if not

Thanks for the offer - I've got several around here to try, most need paint stripped off or re-painted. I really need 26" ww S-7 tires, chrome or Spitfire red ladies fenders if anyone has some.

Back