When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disassembling and removing paint from the 1960 Schwinn Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This thread still lingers in my mind to this day I know it might decrease the value and I know it might be stupid but the reason is i was making a replica of the bike Silver from IT (2017) since I love how it looks and the movie means a lot to me and I still am trying to make the replica and I was going to paint it to look rusted like the movie and I know people will think I’m stupid but I just want you to understand

View attachment 1687565
In my personal opinion if a bikes paint is not an 8 or better I would rather repaint it so it looks nice. Remember though a repaint no matter how nice it is will decrease value. Now forget about the monetary value, there as so many guys on this forum who would kill for nice original paint. The point these guys are trying to make is, "there are plenty of stripped frames out there for sale, why destroy og paint" so it would be better to buy a stripped frame, paint it however it suits you and transfer parts over to freshly painted frame. That way if you regret the customization you can always go back to original or you could turn around and sell frame to a fellow caber

Or if u want a rusty crusty bike like in picture look for someone to trade with on here. You wont have to fake the crusty look and save some cash on the repaint.

Back