When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dismantling rollfast speedometer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
L

Langsmer

Hey guys, Ive got a late 40's Rollfast with a busted speedometer. Its in really nice shape aside from a foggy lens. How does one crack one of these open? I tried taking the nut off of the drive tube, where the cable goes into the speedometer, and bending the two little tabs on the back so they would be able to open. It still wouldn't pop open. How do you disassemble one of these?

You first need to remove the bezel(trim ring), then remove the needle, then the face, and then the guts. If the speedometer works and simply needs a new lense, then just remove the bezel and replace the lense.
I remove these bezels without any damage at all with a special tool that I made. If interested, you can send me your speedo and I can disassemble, replace the lens, and reassemble it for you. PM me if interested.

Greg

Last time I was at Memory Lane, I noticed a 5 gallon bucket filled with those speedo heads. If you can't fix it they probably have one that works.

Classicriders, I am going to try to figure out how to get it open here. If I end up not being able to figure it out, I will pm you. Thanks

-Luke

Back