When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY Cog removal tool

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gordon

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
If someone has already documented this, I apologize.
Parts needed: clutch, 1 inch grade 2 nut and one 2 3/4 inch long grade 8 bolt with nut and washer.
Procedure: Weld clutch to 1 inch nut. Thread driver into clutch and fasten with the 3/8 bolt. Hand tighten. Put the assembly in a vice and apply chain whip to cog. Bolt keeps the driver from turning out of the clutch. When I started I was using grade 2 bolts but they kept breaking.
Cost of materials: I had a clutch. The1 inch nut and 3/8 bolt w/washer and nut cost me a dollar at the hardware store where they sell them by weight. A local welder charged me $5 so my total cost was $6.

Thank you for posting this! I've learned about this on this site but can't afford $300 for an old beat up original so now I'm off to my "friend with a welder" to get this done!

I have a bunch of the nuts I used for this tool (in combination with a driver) if anyone wants one. I'll bring them to the next Cyclone Coaster ride or Orange Circle ride if there is interest. Think I had to buy a bag of 10 to get this size.

1451890-1b75a480034c5a2d68c592b94936b5bc.jpg

Back