When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you bike seated or standing up?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
As we know, Sting-Ray bikes can be ridden either seated or standing up. I am curious as to the ratio of those who ride Sting-Rays (seated/standing up). I noticed I am standing quite a bit, certainly when biking uphill. The ratio for me would be about 70% standing/30% seated. There are quite a few hills and upgrades in my area.

Seated nearly 100% on my 3-speed and 2-speed Sting-Rays
Seated around 90-95% on my single speed Schwinn for most rides because I can use the geared Sting Rays for the hilly rides.

I know a guy who has no car and only rides bikes. he has never stood up to pedal up a hill. he has never left the seat while riding. he had a Schwinn 10 speed and never shifted the gears, and always rides in much too big a gear for the speed he travels.

I really haven't ridden a Stingray since I was 12. Mostly single speed ballooners-butt in the seat unless its a really big hill!

Seated nearly 100% on my 3-speed and 2-speed Sting-Rays
Seated around 90-95% on my single speed Schwinn for most rides because I can use the geared Sting Rays for the hilly rides.
Wow, I'm surprised. I find it easier to pedal when standing on my Sting-Rays. As mentioned, though, there are quite a few uphill inclines where I live.

I keep my butt in the seat unless getting started or going uphill. I do not take my Stingray's tom far from home unless it's to the rail trail and both are easy riding so always on the seat. I'm a little taller so I like to sit all the way back helps to get me further away from the pedals.

I keep my butt in the seat unless getting started or going uphill. I do not take my Stingray's tom far from home unless it's to the rail trail and both are easy riding so always on the seat. I'm a little taller so I like to sit all the way back helps to get me further away from the pedals.
That make sense. Yes, good to have a little extra power for hill climbing.

Back