When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have a bicycle in your living space?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kali Kolo

Look Ma, No Hands!
OK How many of you out there have a bicycle on display IN YOUR HOME. Not your man cave, not your attic, not the mother in laws apartment you threw your mothering law out of to house your bicycle collection, no.

I want to know how many of you have a bicycle on display in your living space and what it is. Pictures are not necessary. I do not care if it is your daily rider that you sleep with at night. So long as the bicycle spends its non use hours residing in the same space you do.

To start it off…

I have one bicycle permanently on display in my home. I have a spot in a stairway that I will hang a bicycle on. I rotate my bicycles throughout the year. The bicycle in the first picture is my Wife's Ames & Frost Imperial Wheel Model 36. The wall mount is an 1890s original STRONG ARM with original chain, hooks, paint and everything. The STRONG ARM is truly strong. In the second picture of the wall mount you can see the handlebars and seat of an 1889 Safety Bicycle that brings new meaning to the concept of a heavy bicycle.

IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_4249.jpg

I am fortunate that my wife likes bicycles also. I am unfortunate that she does not like them as much as I do and limits me to one “in our living space”.

Further to the point, I am limited to the total number I can keep at our new house. Our last home I took over an entire rentable apartment just to house my collection. They needed AC and climate control too. Every month my wife would remind me of the rental income I lost by a line entry in the family budget showing the total per month cost of housing my toys. So now I am given the attic to house my toys and a limit of 6 bicycles. Good thing she seldom goes to the attic. We never put a limit on parts :). No honey that is a parts bike, not a bicycle.

Part of my reason for asking is if enough of us are doing this and doing so with more than one, well… I will have some empirical evidence that I am not alone in my desire to live with a “few” bicycles in the house like other normal people. You think she will buy it?

Later,

Kali Kolo

Last edited:
Much to my dad's dismay, when I am restoring bicycles full force, parts are everywhere. I'm normally a perfectionist clean freak (runs in the family, mom's side) and everything is in order and proper/ But when I go at it, things quickly becoe an "Organized Mess". I don't know why. I was tripping over the brakes to my Western Flyer Kodiak in the basement (I was a fool to put those there!) and my Huffys also constantly came in the house when it was too wet to work outside. But they only go so far as the backroom/family room because the carpet is very short and easy to clean. Back at the old house, my first Classic, a 1963 Clumbia Torpedo, also came in the house for wet sanding. Why? The bath tub was convenient.

My X-53, that is waiting for paint that is bare metal, is setting in my living room because the garage isn't attached to the house and has no heat and to prevent rust it sets in the house on the carpet...

-Sam

Your not alone my friend. I have one in the office and one hanging at the top of the stairs. I'd have more but thats all I got spousal approval,( well really it was forgiveness it easier that way)

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3013.jpg
    IMG_3013.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 90
Spousal approval

Your not alone my friend. I have one in the office and one hanging at the top of the stairs. I'd have more but thats all I got spousal approval,( well really it was forgiveness it easier that way)

In my old age I have learned that in regards to my spouse, forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission.

Racycle in my bedroom leaning against the fireplace.

Trudy's Lovell-Diamond is in the living room.

Lots of bikes in the garage, but the turn of the century ones are special

right now.................the others are jealous.

No wife,6 bikes,

That's not a lot is it?

4, I hope will be sold at the Wheelmen bike swap coming up, in Vancouver

By by bikes, I only need two CCMs, and I'm done.

It's good to have bikes livingroom, you can keep stuff in the carriers and dry your underware on the handlebars...

Well so far I only have a bicycle in my bedroom, one in the living room, two will go in the family room when they are done and two are here at my shop. I will eventually have two more to display at my house and then I think I'll be done collecting for the most part.
Unless someone sells me a 1940 Dayton Twinflex (girls of course) :)

Back