When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else fall in love with random parts?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Too many to mention, but Delta lights are among them, EA's too. I dig the boxed JC Higgins set too. Deco goosenecks too. NOS Elgin X-pert is sweet too! Tool box saddles.......ok , I mentioned too many.

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

wald.JPG

Xpert 1.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

In Flyte 1.JPG

I guess the bike part I most liked and would get again was a McCauly feather chainguard. Art Deco, all Chrome, the one w/o the reflector. I found it for $15 which was part of the attraction. It was in perfect condition but had no attachment brackets. I had that guard for at least 5 years and mocked it up on a couple dozen bikes thinking about using it.
For some reason it never struck me on a bike. It was way cooler on the wall. Parts like that I dont show around because someone else will start obsessing over them and bug me about selling. Well a guy came over one day to look at a bike I had for sale. The bike was priced at $300 and that guard was on the wall above the bike when we went over to look at the bike. He looked at the bike up and down, all the time with his eye on that guard.
Long story short... I got offered the $300 for that guard and the bike remained for sale.
I'd get another if one ever showed up in great condition.

I have a soft spot for Sturmey hub gears and shifters, as well as some of the nicer front hubs from Schwinn and the various British makers. But there's nothing quite like a well-tuned, ticking Sturmey hub gear.

Back