When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know what kind of frame this is?

-

gmrobles1

On Training Wheels
Hi guys,
I’m new here. Been a bicycle enthusiast for some time now. A guy was working for me and gave me this frame about 6 years ago. Does anyone know who makes it? The dropouts are like. I thing I’ve seen and the frame appears to be lugged. Any he love would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2C3E6622-6280-45BC-9E5C-D4BF699A135D.jpeg

401C0C44-2303-468D-A350-18BB2C1D3734.jpeg

Like Dr. Truck said. The swoosh dropouts are distinctive*. Could have been a Sears J.C. Higgins Flightliner (1958-1963). They also ended up as Western Flyers and with other badges. Have fun!

*see pic below of 1960 Flightliner

Might be a later bicycle, not sure when “J” serial numbers occurred, or when they were stamped on the head tube.
The bottom bracket blur appears to be reinforced on the insides, perhaps making the fitting of the crank more challenging.
The rear fork ends might not be exactly the same as the late 1950’s Murray design.
We also see a rear mounting bracket for a 1970's safety reflector.

Last edited:
Back