When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know why?

-

Neal405

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone know why on some Schwinn balloon tire bikes the rear fender recess for the chain\chainguard is so much further up then others? Some fit flush against the chainguard while some are much higher up. My eye goes right to it.

Also, possibly the adjustment of the screw down by the sprocket (hub) that holds the fender.
I don't think you can adjust the fender because the other fender screw is stationery. Plus the dimples in the fender to clear the frame wouldn't allow for adjustments

Are we talking just the Phantom fenders, or all Schwinn fenders? The chain guards and size of the chain ring will dictate where that indent needs to be. On the 50's and 60's Jags and Corvettes stainless fenders were used along with the same chain ring and guard. No other models used that fender so the indent was real close the top of the guard and I've never noticed any real variance. Like someone mentioned, maybe a later repopped fender.

Corvette 5 New Tires 012.JPG

A lot of variables here. If you are doing an apples to apples comparison e.g. two 1950 B6s then you might be able to determine why this is-mounting brackets? V/r Shawn

Back