When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does the letter "W" appear in Huffy Serial Numbers?

-

Wheelee

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My bike appears to have a serial number on the rear dropout of the form, WXXXXXX. Bike looks like a 1964 or 1963. Does this number seem possible? I would have thought it would have had a 3 or 4 before the letter. Was "W" ever used by Huffy for their serial numbers?
Thanks,

Bill

Bringing this back to life. I recently picked up what appears to be a Cheater slick. I've only found a couple other bikes like this https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1968-huffy-cheater-slick-modified.93034/ Though, this bikes numbers are on bottom bracket, not dropout and it has multiple stamps. Is a W instead of H. Anybody?
20200313_183313.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-192721_OfferUp.jpg

@partsguy has a bunch of Huffy catalogs from the '60's (posted in the Albums section?) if I remember right. That might be a place to start.

It's been said the W serials were supposed to be for Western Flyers, but they ended up mixed. Like the '61 JC Higgins "Mainliner" in the general section.

Looks like a 1971. I don’t have anything past 1966-67.
That's the other thing. It matches 68' CheaterSlick and there is an 8 stamped in front of serial, but the standard serial was the second digit. Then there is the stamp above to make it worse.

Hi. I am searching for a bike exactly like the one pictured. Do you know of one for sale? Coast King rebadged this bike and called it Road Runner. I would like to buy either one of these. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like a 1971. I don’t have anything past 1966-67.
I have an identical 1968 Cheater Slick Modified frame only, and I am building it into a bike. Green seat, grips and fenders, a ten speed fork and 48" sissybar. My chainguard is missing as well. Would like a Flaming Stack for looks but wouldn't we all?

Back