When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don Juan offer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Grey Ghost

Wore out three sets of tires already!
He has another incredible, amazing, fabulous, one of a kind bike for sale!

He must be one of the top used car salesman of all time.
I would buy a gold plated turd from him!
Don’t miss out on this gem!

I want thaaaat....his write up sold me

1976 Schwinn 5-Speed BLUE FLAME Krate Stingray Bicycle​

Condition:Used

Price: US $3,298.00
Best Offer:
Make OFFER!!!
  • Add to Watchlist
13 watchers
  • Pickup:Free local pickup from Wichita, Kansas, United States.

Shipping: US $185.00 Economy Shipping
Located in: Wichita, Kansas, United States
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

...twas blustery that day...
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Hello, everyone.

If you are looking for that one special gift for that one special person, then look no further than what I am offering here today. You know, the kind of gift that will excite him, enthrall him, and even captivate him beyond belief. Please read on if you want to know more about what I am talking about here....

Folks, what I am selling here today is one of the most amazing bicycles ever created by the minds of men. It is a type of bicycle that is so spellbinding and so mesmerizing that nothing even compares to it. What I have here is this very fine and bodacious looking 1976 Schwinn 5 speed BLUE FLAME bicycle. Wow! As you can see in the photos this bicycle looks amazing. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being totally blah and a 10 being extremely nice, I would rate this bicycle as being an 9.0. As the pictures show there is very little rust on this American made beauty. The paint looks great mostly, the wheels look awesome and most of the chrome on it is in great shape. Let me now break it down as to what goes with this most amazing bicycle.

Let’s start off here with the frame. It is the original 1976 Schwinn 5-speed Stingray Krate frame. The frame serial number is GMxxxxxx which means it was made in July of 1970 at the now defunct Schwinn Bicycle Company in Chicago, Illinois. That means this frame is now officially 47 years old, but you would never guess that by looking at it. The kool blue paint does have some chip and scrape marks at various locations on it, but it is not severe by any means. It is the original paint job that was done to it back in 1976.

Let’s now go to the Chainguard. The chainguard is an original early 70's Schwinn chainguard. It is painted the same color paint as what is on the frame and it has the original Schwinn silk screen on it. But what do you think of the blue flame decal that is next to it? It is awesome and that is all I can say about it. This is a one-of-a-kind chain guard and you will not find this on any other bicycle out there…., guaranteed.

Now let’s move over to the blue sparkle banana seat. It is a reproduction seat and I’m not sure who the manufacturer is. There are no rips or tears on it and I picked this seat because it matches the color theme of the bicycle to a "T".

The rear 3 ¼” seat reflector is new and is in great condition. The reflectors look amazing on it, especially at night when light shines on it. It is the perfect size for the rear of the seat and it is a finishing touch to this outstanding work of art.

The chrome seat post on this bicycle is original. The chrome looks great on it considering it being 47 years old. It goes perfect with the seat sitting on top of it. The bottom seat post clamp is also original.

This bicycle would not officially be a Schwinn bicycle unless it had a bona fide Schwinn security cable and combination lock combo that comes with it. Yes, this is an legitimate Schwinn security cable combination lock combo (see last pic). It is very rare to find one in this condition and it matches the color theme of this bicycle perfectly.
Now I must ask you this. How many Schwinn Krate bicycles do you see nowadays that have an original blue Schwinn water bottle on it? Not many I’m sure. This bicycle has one and it looks fantastic. Look how it stands out with the rest of the bicycle.
The sissy bar with shocks is new and fully functional. The chrome shines on it just fine and dandy.

Of course this bicycle would not officially be a classic Schwinn Krate Stingray bicycle unless it had a rear black tool bag attached to the sissy bar. This tool bag is made of genuine imported leather. It is the little things like this that makes an awesome bicycle even greater.

Then there is the blue fox tail attached to the rear of the sissy bar. It is real of course and it looks absolutely fantastic. How many other Schwinn Krate bicycles have you seen these on? Not very many, I’m sure.
The front fork assembly is in great shape as the pictures show. The forks are straight and the chrome looks very nice on them. Even the two truss bars look good on it, too.

Let’s go to the front wheel now. It is the original Schwinn 16-inch Atom drum brake wheel. As you can see it is in good shape. It spins freely, it is straight and everything works on it like it should. There is very little rust on it considering it is now over 50 years old.

The front fender is used and it is in good shape. The chrome on it shines just fine and dandy in the sunlight. There’s very little rust on this fender.
The front tire is an original 1972 dated Schwinn Superior tire to fit on S-7 Schwinn rims and it is in incredible condition. it has not been ridden on the street very at all. It will last for many years to come.

Now turn your undivided attention towards the rear 5-speed wheel that is on this bicycle. The 36 hole rim is a new polished aluminum rim, and it shines just fine and dandy in the sunlight. The 5-speed freewheel is an original Schwinn F2 sprocket freewheel and it works just as good as if it was new. It has thoroughly been cleaned from all of its 50 year old grease and grime that was built up on it. But do you see something else that is different on this wheel? Something that is different from other 5-speed wheels you see on eBay? It also comes with a bodacious Atom drum brake hub. Wow! As you can see this hub has been buffed and it looks absolutely beautiful, especially in the sunlight. With the addition of 36 new chrome spokes, SS nipples and the buffed aluminum rim, this 20 inch 5-speed wheel looks totally out of this world. Seeing is believing.

The Schwinn Scrambler rear tire is also an original knobby tire and it looks decent. It does, however, have cracking going on the sides, but it still holds air just fine and dandy. There’s still plenty of tread and life on this knobby tire.

The 5-speed shifter is the original early 70s shifter. There is very little surface rust on the outside and on the inside. But what little rust there is does not take away or deter from the shifter's functionality. The decals look great on it and so does the round black knob.

The shifter overload tube is in great shape. Often times you will find original overload tubes on 5-speed bikes that are either bent or they are bruised due to previous use, but not this one. This one looks new and it gleams nicely in the sunlight!

The rear fender is a good used fender and it is in decent shape. It does have some dings on it due to previous use. The chrome still looks great on it and it also shines very nice in the sunlight.

The handle bars are original, but they do have the typical road rash in the areas where the original boy owner laid the bike down on the road or sidewalk, so he could go play with his friends. The abrasions are not severe, though, and it still looks good.

The left and right brake levers are original early 70s Weinmann levers. They work on this bike just like if they were new.

Then there are the two blue and white checkered board mirrors. They are new and in great shape. if you are looking for pizazz and attention, you will find it here with these mirrors.

Let’s look at the headlight now. It is new and it works perfect. The chrome adds gleam to the overall beauty of this incredible bicycle.
The chrome bugle horn is new. This classic Schwinn Krate bicycle is not officially a classic Schwinn bicycle unless it has one of these gems on it. It works perfect and you can hear it up to a half a mile away.

What do you think of the two blue checker flag valve stem caps on the two wheels? They are new and boy do they stand out. You will get a lot of attention with these being on this bike.
The blue sparkle handlebar grips and brake lever covers are original. They look fantastic with this bicycle. They are not ripped up or faded like a lot of other krate handlebar grips and brake lever covers you see on other Schwinn Krate and Stingray bicycles.

Now turn your attention to the Schwinn blue and silver sparkle streamers attached to the handgrips. They are NOS streamers and they are in very nice shape. If you are looking for that extra edge over the other Krate bikes being sold on eBay, then these will most definitely give it to you.

The two blue brake cables and the blue derailleur cable are new and are in great shape. I replaced the original grungy cables with these new ones because the old ones were brittle and starting to fall apart. These new cables will help give this bicycle many more years of life.

The chain is new and it looks great on this bike. The chrome color adds pizzaz and it helps complement the overall appearance of this bicycle.

Now turn your attention to the pedal crank and the 52-toothed sprocket. The crank has the 76-year embossed on it and it looks decent for its age. The sprocket still has plenty of shiny chrome on it. No rust here.

The black Schwinn pedals are original and are fantastic condition for being as old as they are. The ends on them do have some scrape marks on them, but overall the appearance looks very nice.

Now take a gander at the Schwinn 5-speed derailleur. It is a 70s derailleur, but you wouldn’t think that by looking at it. The chrome casing on it is not overly marred up with deep scratches and abrasions like you see on other derailleurs. It is in decent shape and it is straight and the chrome shines just fine and dandy on it. It has been cleaned and oiled specifically for this sale.

The kick stand is the original one that came with the bike. I scrubbed most of the surface rust off from it, but you can still see areas of wear and tear on it. It still looks nice regardless.
And then there is the windshield on this bicycle. How many Schwinn Krate bicycles do you see have a windshield on it? I’ll tell you how many, not very many. However, this bicycle has one and so will you when you purchase this bicycle. It most definitely is an attention getter, especially with the awesome blue flames dazzling the edges of it.

As you can see, I am a good story teller here. I like to tell it like it is and be as truthful and forthcoming as much as I can. I believe in the old adage…. “Honesty is the best Policy.” There maybe areas of the bicycle I may have missed in my description here, but it is all there. If it is nostalgia you are looking for, then you have found it here with this bicycle.

Well, there you have it, folks. I have laid out pretty much what goes with this bicycle. As I stated at the beginning of my story that Christmas is almost here and it is now your chance to buy this good used and mostly original 1976 Schwinn 5-speed BLUE FLAME bicycle for yourself, your son, your grandson, your nephew or maybe for that special boy you have great admiration for.
This bicycle would make a perfect setup inside your man cave, or a display model inside your playroom or just hanging it on the wall like a cherished museum piece at the Smithsonian institution. It is guaranteed to attract a lot of attention because it is a one of a kind bicycle. It is absolutely phenomenal to behold. Just look closely at the pictures again and you’ll see what I mean.

My asking price is $3297.00 obo, which is actually reasonable for this type of Schwinn Krate 5-speed bicycle in this condition and with all of its accessories.

Because most of the parts on this bicycle are nearly 50 years old, it is being sold “As Is”. There will be no returns or refunds allowed. What you see is what you’ll get. So please make sure this is what you want before you purchase.

Shipping and handling is set at $185.00 and it will be shipped only to the lower 48 States in the Continental United States of America.
Please look at the other items I have for sale here on eBay. I think that you will be amazed with some of the things I have for sale.

Thanks again for looking at my awesome 1976 Schwinn 5-speed BLUE FLAME bicycle and God bless America.

don_juan1961
100%Positive Feedback
440Items sold

Back