When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Donalson Jockey Cycle

-

oneandgone

On Training Wheels
I was at an estate sale and saw this oddball tricycle and since I'd never seen anything like it I couldn't help but buy it. I've been trying to find out more info about it, parts for it, and values on it, but there isn't much info out there. I haven't seen anything for parts and have found very little info. The info I've found seems to be the copy paste of a long lost writer's page which stated the were produced from 44-48, and possibly 100 left. As for value I've seen the few on ebay which are clearly overpriced, if they weren't they would be sold. The only one I can even find that has sold was merely parts and went for $180. I guess I'm wondering if anyone is actually into these, does anyone have parts, and what's a realistic value? Thanks for reading and or any input you may have.

Attachments

• 2014-05-02 11.21.37.jpg
    2014-05-02 11.21.37.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 2014-05-02 11.21.29.jpg
    2014-05-02 11.21.29.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I can't add any info but I have the same one and always thought someone changed the front wheel, but mine has the exact front wheel as yours. I have not seen many. I did try to sell mine last year for $150. and got no takers or offers.

I have one as well, not a lot of info out there, worth hanging on to.

Todd

Attachments

• IMG953425.jpg
    IMG953425.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 183
  • fi1.cgi.jpeg
    fi1.cgi.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 207
There was on eon eBay a few months ago that was relisted a few times. I think they were asking around $500 BIN at the last. I can't recall if it sold or not.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping it was a big score, but that would have been too easy. I don't have much in it and it's still intriguing so I'll probably hang it on the garage wall and enjoy it as a conversation piece.

I have one too, I'll post a couple of pictures that I found in the research.

Back