When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold DOND 1941 Schwinn parts and accessories catalogue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Zipcode
To be clear,
Is this catalog being offered, the 1941 supplemental issue, or actually the 1940 issue, that everyone is familiar with?
Does a 1941 supplemental issue even exist, or is that folklore?

It's a good rule of thumb to ask questions before bidding. I suggest restarting the auction at zero now that there's new information.😂

It would make sense that the compilation of the major portion of this book was completed before and issued for 1940. The idea that a 1941 produced would contain some additional material either by a addendum pages or bound in pages seems plausible, but it would be the last year of prewar construction and going into paper shortages and scrap drives. Probably further additions/updates would have been shelved for a while.

Last edited:
great closing price! congrats! in closing statement...the 1941 catalog is in reality a 1940 catalog with an addendum. usually a front piece letter stating it is basically the same with provisions to add more at the rear of catalog as new material comes up. comparing several of these 1941 catalogs years ago they looked the same(they were!) and i had only one that had some information on a curved web lever page. and the front piece letter. i am suspect most didn't have addendums but the short lived curved web went out of production as the skinny brake lever of 1940/1 was being built-cheaper and more practical. this made printing addendums up a waste of time and as krakatoa points out ww2 broke out shortly afterwards. i also imagine these catalogs were passed out for a while after the war until the supplies of them gone. anyway-congrats to new owner-fun auction!

great closing price! congrats! in closing statement...the 1941 catalog is in reality a 1940 catalog with an addendum. usually a front piece letter stating it is basically the same with provisions to add more at the rear of catalog as new material comes up. comparing several of these 1941 catalogs years ago they looked the same(they were!) and i had only one that had some information on a curved web lever page. and the front piece letter. i am suspect most didn't have addendums but the short lived curved web went out of production as the skinny brake lever of 1940/1 was being built-cheaper and more practical. this made printing addendums up a waste of time and as krakatoa points out ww2 broke out shortly afterwards. i also imagine these catalogs were passed out for a while after the war until the supplies of them gone. anyway-congrats to new owner-fun auction!
This is some interesting info. “curved web lever”

would love to see what they posted in the catalog.

Last edited:
Back