When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold DOND - Motorbike Project (Elgin?)

-
Shipping
See Ad
Zipcode

ballooney

I live for the CABE
Up for your consideration is a motorbike project of unknown make...possibly Elgin or Westfield? Nickel plating is really nice and likely done many years ago when the powder coating was done...20+ years ago. I've had this for a while and have never moved it forward so time to move it on for someone to get this back on the road. I've added lots of pics for details.
Notes:
  • Frame and fork are nice and straight
    • there is one opening at the joint where the down tube meets the bottom bracket--sandblasting removed part of the brazing??
  • I don't have the front fender...
    • I do have an additional fender brace just like the rear which I assume went to the front fender that I was told was lost by the powder coater.
  • headset is missing the bearings
  • crank spins freely
  • 3 hole headbadge mount in case that helps identify maker

Payment type accepted: PP Friends and Family (preferred), Money Order, Cash, Cashiers Check
Actual shipping costs through BikeFlights will apply...of course local pickup is always welcomed.

tempImageNkZoLu.jpg

tempImagefAJBLf.jpg

tempImagezadhov.jpg

tempImagex5R7in.jpg

tempImageDBgh55.jpg

tempImageQrBDSm.jpg

tempImagevVROib.jpg

tempImagegP0KoL.jpg

tempImagelc94Ur.jpg

tempImageu465wX.jpg

tempImageYsgET1.jpg

E1A13C52-C50D-4EEA-ACFB-017F2694EDFD_1_102_o.jpeg

tempImageFNjE7o.jpg

tempImagebsUmhx.jpg

tempImage79oqrK.jpg

tempImagelrIXUN.jpg

tempImageiEUZfX.jpg

tempImageoKf7gC.jpg

tempImagekIp8TJ.jpg

tempImagekuyGJt.jpg

Nice bike; looks like an Emblem Angola frame, and crankset, and serial number.

Not sure about the badge holes, but thinking maybe New England Bicycle "Red Wing".

Not sure if New England Bicycle was a jobber outfit, perhaps mix-matching manufacturers parts?

Last edited:
Nice bike; looks like an Emblem Angola frame, and crankset.

Not sure about the badge holes, but thinking maybe New England Bicycle "Red Wing".

Not sure if New England Bicycle was a jobber outfit, perhaps mix-matching manufacturers parts?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts...curious to know what approximate year you think this would be from?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...curious to know what approximate year you think this would be from?
Based on the Emblem-looking serial number (only) in the 330,000 range, a low-confidence guess might be 1925.

Not sure how or if a "Red Wing" by New England Bicycle Co., of Worcester (No "H") Mass., might be related to "New England" brand by J. W. Grady & Co. also of Worcester, Mass.
Limited ads seen for both those outfits (or same concern) seem to suggest perhaps earlier?
[Not sure that "Red Wing" is even the right assumption].

But perhaps the Worcester jobber and/or wholesaler, about 1925, may have needed a supplier (like Emblem), after Davis and Miami both closed, and Shelby was about to just start-up.

Last edited:
Just saw this very cool Emblem! Easy sell. The 331K number suggests mid-late 20's. Crankset, one of the axle retaining screws, fish mouth upper seat stay bridge with straight fat lower stay and fork is Emblem as well. Not the headset though. Someone buy this!

Back