When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't know what I'm doing, need parts and year for New Departure Model D. Help.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well if that's the case then maybe I just need to try and locate a new wheel. I can't find much on Torrington hubs, seems to be a fair amount on Torrington pedals.

That's an option as well. ND seems to have the lion's share of parts for sure on these old things. You may find a good wheel to match! ;)

Here's the pics I promised so you can see the bike, what I'm dealing with and what someone did to it.

20210409_120451.jpg
20210409_120611.jpg
20210409_120517.jpg
20210409_120500.jpg

Thanks so much guys. I'm happy to pay whatever for the parts. I'll head right over after my daughters soccer game. I had lost all hope of getting this bike up and going, it just may happen now.

Not that you asked but this all started because my wife picked up a bike for me from this same person as a surprise for Father's day and they gave her this bike also. I fixed up and made ridable a 1970 Sears Spyder 500. Super sweet as you can imagine. :)

I also don't lie. :laughing:
Axles are not for sale. But happy to give you one. I walked around the summer swap a couple years ago giving away handfuls to folks I know could use them. Even the one person in the bike world I have no use for was given a handful when he asked to buy some.....

"Sorry, Man. Not for sale but I'll give you some!":)

Back