When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't know what I'm doing, need parts and year for New Departure Model D. Help.

-
Well if that's the case then maybe I just need to try and locate a new wheel. I can't find much on Torrington hubs, seems to be a fair amount on Torrington pedals.

That's an option as well. ND seems to have the lion's share of parts for sure on these old things. You may find a good wheel to match! ;)

Here's the pics I promised so you can see the bike, what I'm dealing with and what someone did to it.

20210409_120451.jpg
20210409_120611.jpg
20210409_120517.jpg
20210409_120500.jpg

Thanks so much guys. I'm happy to pay whatever for the parts. I'll head right over after my daughters soccer game. I had lost all hope of getting this bike up and going, it just may happen now.

Not that you asked but this all started because my wife picked up a bike for me from this same person as a surprise for Father's day and they gave her this bike also. I fixed up and made ridable a 1970 Sears Spyder 500. Super sweet as you can imagine. :)

I also don't lie. :laughing:
Axles are not for sale. But happy to give you one. I walked around the summer swap a couple years ago giving away handfuls to folks I know could use them. Even the one person in the bike world I have no use for was given a handful when he asked to buy some.....

"Sorry, Man. Not for sale but I'll give you some!":)

Back