When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't let This happen To You!

-

Tim the Skid

Skidding on my '41 Schwinn Autocycle
I started up one of the Whizzers today for a ride, and while it was idling the fuel petcock shut off screw shot out of the front of the fuel bowl spewing gasoline all over the cylinder head. Luckily the engine wasn't warm enough to ignite the fuel or I would have had an instant fireball. The shut off has been leaking slightly for a while, it looks like the threads were stripped allowing the shut off needle to just fall out. I replaced the old bowl with a new one. It doesn't have the same patina, but it's a lot safer. If your fuel bowl is old or has been leaking replace it. If I had been riding and the engine was hot, it would have been a disaster.

Aw Tim.......................you can get creative and put some patina on your float bowl . ( I'm not sure how , unless you heat up the casting with a torch and chemicals ) 🤓 Oh wait .......................that's what you were trying to avoid ! A Fire ! 🙃 Glad you are okay , and the whizzer too. Thanks for the tip ! 👍

Back