When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doodel Bug "spe-da-way"

-

Sulley

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just bought one like this, i dont have it home yet should be next week, can anyone tell me a little about them, i have seen two different styles of them, mostly the crank handel is different, i would like to now the years they were built. Thanks for any help. Sulley

1404_1_lg.gif

1404_6_lg.gif

This is the other style.
1567_1_lg.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for moving this thread into this section, i had it in another section where it didnt belong. These are the picture from above. Sulley PS i just found out it is from 1929

1404_1_lg-1.jpg

This is the one i bought.
vbulletin

I have desided to restore it.
002-1.gif

Here it is going back togeither, the paint looks much brighter in these pictures.

004-2.gif

Im having a new decal made for the seat.
006.gif

Last edited:
My 1929 Doodle Bug "spe da way" is done, my decal guy came through again, looks great. Thanks Sulley

015-1.gif

013-1.gif

Beautiful restoration job! Are those the original tires all cleaned up or they replacements. If new replacements, where did you find identical rubber at? Thanks for sharing!

Dave

Nope there the original tires, got lucky because i dont know of any place repoping ones like this. Sulley

Beautiful... Great idea with the file handles!

Is the drive belt wheel made of aluminum?

Yes it is, origianily it was painted red but i thought i would give the thing a little class. Sulley

I have desided to sell it, i had it apriased at $1300, i would take $800 if anyone from here is interested, its also on ebay. Thanks Sulley

Back