When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Curved Bar Schwinn Frames

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
a very underrated design. not much looks better to me than these style frames.
here are some catalog pages of the 1936 Huffman and Rollfast bikes of this type.
2q15rh0-1.jpg

s3cxlf-1.jpg

That was a lot of good information Phil. Wasn't the double rainbow bar Schwinn called an Ace? I've seen only a few, not in person with the name Schwinn Ace. It was a frame look that I thought to be really cool next to the second style I like the straightbar. Maybe this is why I enjoy Colson's now. Anyways Mike. A great bike! A Schwinn style you don't see everyday. And it is nice to see the lines of a bike without it being a tank model. Simplicity brings out a whole different look. Derek

Interesting stuff. I always thought the 36 Schwinns were just early 37 production, didn't know they went back to 35.

Here's a 35 Colson Aristocrat, my large 38 Schwinn rainbow, and a 37 Schwinn I had a while back with a great paint scheme.

Attachments

• AristoB4SM.jpg
    AristoB4SM.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 397
  • schwinnarchsm.jpg
    schwinnarchsm.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 305
I forgot to mention, all the Colson catalogs I have are posted on my site as are all the Schwinn and Firestone catalogs. the Supreme clip above is from the 1936 Firestone catalog. you have to be a member and post a few times to be bumped to the regular user category where you can access the catalogs.

I have been looking for an original and complete, late 30's Schwinn Excelsior double curved bar bike. I have a WTB post in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum of this site but no luck as of yet. I have been enjoying this very informative thread. I was wondering if anyone on this site has a bike like I am looking for that they would sell or could possibly give me a lead on one?

i got a 35? i think with the motorbike style seat clamp i am building. has the hole for the steering lock so maybe a late 35?? i thought the seat clamp changed in 36? just wondering cause i have a 36 trussrod fork i wanted to use on it. any info?

Some nice information here-- I've grown to like this frame more and more over the years. It just has nice, crisp lines. The lack of tank also makes for a nice balance when you ride.

I will try to get more pictures of it and the pedals (Torrington #15 Wing type rather than plain #10s). I believe these came with the bike when my grandfather bought it from the original owner in 1938 (it must have looked good being only 2 years old at the time).

hendersonbadge-1.jpg

torrington15b-1.jpg

torrington15-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back