When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Vision

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have no reservations in my mind that Schwinn would have or could have produced one or more Blue Phantoms. It's totally plausible. This particular Blue Phantom hits me hard as someones creation though and not a factory produced piece. The paint looks very convincing, in pictures, and if it was redone by someone they did very good job. But, the paint on the tank, or what's left of it lacked something like prepping for painting over chrome. Possibly a different paint product or lack of the correct base coat. In my experience, looking at how the remaining paint is pealing on the tank, I'd bet that was lacquer and not enamel and the candy may have been shot over the chrome with no base coat. Another issue is the ghost Black Phantom decal. No good explanation what so ever for that IMO, someone had a big brain fart and no scissors. So we have a ghosting of the Black Phantom decal on the chain guard but there is not one single trace, NONE, of the Schwinn Quality decal at the top of the seat tube or of the Patent decal at the bottom of the seat tube. Those decals must not have been available at the time the bike was redone? Wishful thinking on this one. Although and the creator did a very good job, he definitely missed a couple very small but important details, and at that time he probably wasn't trying to fool anyone into believing this was a factory Blue Phantom.

Agreed there appear to be some anomalies. I asked the seller when he took it apart to ship to send pics and they would seem to indicate this bike was a factory creation especially the head tube. V/r Shawn

Here’s a set of murray fleetlines
FF951DFC-9698-46D6-805B-739F469F0C4A.jpeg

This is the bike Bob and I are talking about. If this was faked its the best I've ever seen. Like I said this bike did not come from a collection. You will notice some back-in-the-day changes such as the 2 spd, crash rails, and I believe the chain ring was changed out to make it easier to pedal. What is really unusual is the ghosting of the "Black Phantom" decal! I don't think someone faking it would have done that on purpose. If anyone knows where this bike is I'd like to know. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1009487

View attachment 1009488

View attachment 1009489

View attachment 1009490

View attachment 1009491

View attachment 1009492

View attachment 1009493

View attachment 1009494

View attachment 1009495

View attachment 1009496
Neat bike. In my neck of the woods, We call them "Hens teeth bikes" cause of their rarity. I like the looks of the patina on this bike. It would be a shame to restore such a one off bike. RIDE ON.Shawn. Razin.

Back