When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dr. Edward Albert

-

alexander55

Finally riding a big boys bike
As I've searched the internet for information on Dick Power bicycles, I see the name of Dr. Edward Albert mentioned frequently....including a reference to (at the time) an unpublished book about Mr. Power with the tentative title of A Dark Day in Sunnyside. I also see links from the Dick Power Bicycles section of Classic Rendezevous to a website of his. The links do not work. Is this book or other information available in other places that I have yet to locate? Thanks for any help.

As I've searched the internet for information on Dick Power bicycles, I see the name of Dr. Edward Albert mentioned frequently....including a reference to (at the time) an unpublished book about Mr. Power with the tentative title of A Dark Day in Sunnyside. I also see links from the Dick Power Bicycles section of Classic Rendezevous to a website of his. The links do not work. Is this book or other information available in other places that I have yet to locate? Thanks for any help.
@kccomet

-----

In case you may have missed it, the forum had an excellent thread on two Dick Power machines here:

-----

Mr. Albert sold off a lot of his collection of fabulous bicycles and took down his website “http://www.thevintagebikelife.com/“. I had a conversation with him around that time and he was ready to move on to other things, it’s a shame, the website was a valuable resource. I purchased a Pop Brennan frame from Mr. Albert, he is a real gentleman and very knowledgeable about vintage racing-six day bicycles.

Last edited:
Back