When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dream bike that YOU made real...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_4012.jpg

Pure luck. Got it for an amazing price (thanks again MG) and despite everything being broken or bent it turned out to be an amazing rider once fully sorted and corrected. I think it looks pretty decent as well, and you aren't going to see another one exactly like it.

Now I just need to find a clean black and ivory motorbike to go with it.....

It's just the French term for a little, bite-sized snack, also sometimes called a canapé.
Literally a "mouth pleaser"!
There were around 6 stops on our ride.
You got a glass of wine and a little snack at most of them, with a picnic lunch at the main stop.
Picnic tables with gingham tablecloths set up for 3,500 people in a field in the middle of nowhere was a sight to see!
The French really embraced the Iver Johnson truss-bridge frame design.
Labor are the famous French makers, Marshall "Major" Taylor raced on one of their versions whilst in France, but there were quite a few other French manufacturers, who made them much to Labor's annoyance, and were accused of being mere copyists.
As evidenced by their famous poster.....
View attachment 1379113

People often say to me "Nice Labor", I tell them "It's not a Labor, this one was designed by monkeys!"
Ironically Labor copied the design themselves!
This is spot on from a quote i read in Easyriders magazine years ago: "A wise monkey is a monkey who does'nt monkey with another monkey's monkey". This has served me well over the years during my wild oats days. Cheers and enjoy. Razin. P.S., what does the saying on the poster mean?

Last edited:
This is spot on from a quote i read in Easyriders magazine years ago: "A wise monkey is a monkey who does'nt monkey with another monkey's monkey". This has served me well over the years during my wild oats days. Cheers and enjoy. Razin. P.S., what does the saying on the poster mean?
Wise words from Easyriders!
It basically says, "Copy, always copy, but you will never make a Labor!"

Last edited:
Another dream bike I forgot to mention....my 1909 Racycle. Early on in my collecting, I had the pleasure of meeting local collector Blue @vw00794 . I went over to buy whatever lil trinket or part my measly new bike-budget could afford. The second I stepped into his garage/showroom....my jaw dropped to the floor. Eye-candy wherever you happened to look. Vintage cars, motorcycles and bicycles! His true passion were Racycles...and at that time I had never heard of one, much less seen one with my own eyes! I enjoyed them while there, and always kept that memory of my visit and those wonderful Racycles in mind. I'd never own one, so that day would be the closest I'd get....until years later when I get a text from Jason @birdzgarage. He sends me a link to a tall frame Racycle local to him. I race to send an email right away & don't hear back for several painful hours. Finally, I do, & we strike a deal. Luckily, Jason was more than happy to pick it up for me, forward me the dough & hold it for a couple of weeks until I was able to drive out & pick it up. I've had several inquire about selling it, but I just can't. Not after so many years of dreaming & the help from a good friend. I've enjoyed it since then in its current state, but plan to get it back on the road soon. Thanks again Jason. I still owe you...

View attachment 1379173

View attachment 1379169

View attachment 1379171

View attachment 1379170

View attachment 1379172
Wow!
Is that the 'Marathon' sprocket set-up on there, or did 'Racycle' have their own large sprocket system?
Love it!

I have been going to bike shows and swap meets for about 20 years or so and remember the first time i saw a Schwinn Aerocycle. That was 17 years ago at the Seattle swap meet that used to be held at the armory in Kent. The particular bike i saw was not complete but enough was there to know what it was. The bicycle also was orange instead of the more common silver and red version. I was hooked and knew i wanted to find one some day.

Fast forward 10 years and i was still looking. That year i attended a backyard swap meet in Kirkland WA and the owner of the property had one and it was complete and in original condition. He was, however, not interested in selling. A good friend of mine in Seattle who knew the owner better than i did also "kept a bug in his ear" about me wanting the bicycle. I also wrote the owner a couple of letters over the years inquiring about the bicycle and its status.

Last September my friend in Seattle sent me a note and asked me if i still was interested in the bike as he knew i aquired a restored one that July. I answered in the affirmative and found out the bike would be coming up for sale as the owner was ill and his stuff was going to be sold. I offered a fair price and 3 days later made a trip to Kirkland to pick it up.

Some things take time. In my case it took 17 years search but it was worth it. Very happy to have a nice original Aerocycle!

View attachment 1379056

View attachment 1379057

View attachment 1379058
Jay, I'd like to see that in person someday. Eburg isn't too far.........

Well first Thanks.!!!(Jesucristo. :hearteyes::hearteyecat::hearteyes:)

& Many, Many Thanks Too,

@ Mr. Jim Frazier....Thank you Sir.
Always Take Time from your Time.
For help me with this (2)project). Ok

And take me almost (20/23) + years.

Find my dream bike and not only (1)

Now I have the Pair Both are,(1937/RMS)
AGAIN.!!
THANKS MR. J.FRAZIER YOU ARE THE MASTER ABOUT MANY, MANY OLD BIKES PARTS.!!!

Don't need (50) Or (100)bikes.
Only need What I love, enjoy & Ride with.
My lovely son and Daughters....:):);)

:hearteyecat: :p :D :cool:

Stay safe and have a bless day with family.!!! and friends.!!!

Back