When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DriveQuestion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
I spotted a 27” hub drive for a VERY good price and wonder if I can interchange the drive arm part on to my 26” hub drive which is missing one drive arm. Everything else is ok with my 26” drive and only need the one part. I see that mostly 27” drives are way cheaper than 26” ones.

Here is my 26” hub drive with the missing arm. Will the drive arm part from a 27” one work In my 26” hub drive ? As I understand it the worm gear inside the cylindrical part determines the correct calibration to the wheel size but onlywill be swapping out the damaged double arm part.
D747A879-7759-4FA4-9223-7CADA6B17636.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, a speedometer drive unit. Been a while since I tore one of those apart, but I don't see a problem in swapping out the arms if you can get it open.

Oh it’s easy getting it apart. I did that and got out a ton of grit and junk. A hairdryer makes the plastic disc inside easy to carefully pry it out.

Finally got around to fitting the drive tang on to my drive hub. I also took apart the old Schwinn speedometer and cleaned out all the dried out grease. It runs now smooth and like new.

Back