When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Drop stand bolts set

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$25
Zipcode
I also did some measuring today. Just trying to come up with a set of numbers that make sense.

Hole in rear drop out .225", a 7/32 drill bit passes through with a little clearance.
Hole in drop stand channel .25"
Counterbore +.475"
Thickness of the channel section after counter bore is quite thin I estimate .070. the thickness of the shoulder section on the bolt would be slightly more than this.

IMG_20230319_175133419.jpg

IMG_20230319_134532778.jpg

I also did some measuring today. Just trying to come up with a set of numbers that make sense.

Hole in rear drop out .225", a 7/32 drill bit passes through with a little clearance.
Hole in drop stand channel .25"
Counterbore +.475"
Thickness of the channel section after counter bore is quite thin I estimate .070. the thickness of the shoulder section on the bolt would be slightly more than this.

View attachment 1806941

View attachment 1806942
The length of the shoulder should be about .015 thicker than the drop stand. Looks like you measured .135

Yes the thickness of the drop stand channel at that point is .135. But the thickness there after the counterbore I estimate at .070. I think a .150 shoulder length would be too loose. My guess is closer to.085.

Shelby ears with the curved braces are held with screws. I have 13 of them all on bikes. All screws. If its supposed to be a rivet, that would be one huge rivet for a tiny stand. No need for a hole that big.
I'm always learning something! I just assumed they were riveted like most other 'ears' stands but went and checked mine and yep they were bolts.

I'm always learning something! I just assumed they were riveted like most other 'ears' stands but went and checked mine and yep they were bolts.

The other universal style dropstands with ears had rivets. I have two 1936 Shelbys that have that style. That dropstand was used on many makes and models.

Does anyone have a photo of the Shelby 36-38 drop-stand bolt? I'll mail you a set if you can produce a photo with some dimensions. Thanks!

Back