When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drop stand Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JRE

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just bought this drop stand for my Shelby and when I installed it the stand wants to rotate to far forward when it's down. Anybody know how to fix that or what bike this is meant for.

20200107_120321.jpg

20200107_120257.jpg

20200107_120210.jpg

20200107_120101.jpg

20200107_120028.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Show some wider shots

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I thought it might B- curved braces but others should be able to tell

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It looks like the ears on the dropstand are either worn or cut down. The A-frame needs to hit the ears/stops when it is just about vertical. build up the back edge with some new metal? Or you might be able to angle the ears down to the front so the stand hits the stops sooner.

Rotated the ears down for now. I'll mess with it more when I take the back wheel off to fix the previous owners repair he did back in the 40's. I need to find a nut that holds the brake arm on the Morrow hub.

20200108_104248.jpg

Reactions: JLF
I don't think it is the correct stand for the bike. In my experience, the drop out angle of the rear fork is what dictates how the ears should fit.

I had the same problem with a stand I got for my 29 Westfield.

I decided to use it on my 1918 Pierce Motor Bike and it fit like it is supposed to.

Back