When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drop Stand Measurements

-

Drosentreter

I live for the CABE
Can someone get me some measurements of their 28”, 26”, or 24” drop stand? I’d like one of each, both with the stop built into the frame, and with it built onto the stand. I’m addition to that I would like some measurements of some various clips. Looking to make my own.
Thank you in Advance, Dane

Dane I'll get you a measurement of a 26" without ears, might be able to get one with ears, but I think it's the same dimension. This afternoon hopefully.
Sean

Dane I'll get you a measurement of a 26" without ears, might be able to get one with ears, but I think it's the same dimension. This afternoon hopefully.
Sean
Thank you!!! I could use some dimensions of the ears and the stand for those ones.

There isn't one set length; for each bike size the stands usually vary about 1/4". They also vary slightly by manufacturer and the model frame geometry comes into play as well. You may want to put a call out for the lengths based on which bikes you want to use them on. For example, a standard 26" stand will not work properly for a Huffman Super Streamline.

Last edited:
There is no one set length; for each bike size the stands usually vary about 1/4". They also vary slightly by manufacturer and the model frame geometry comes into play as well. You may want to put a call out for the lengths based on which bikes you want to use them on. For example, a standard 26" stand will not work properly for a Huffman Super Streamline.
Well to be honest I was looking to get the base width as well, and the length of the sides before the bends. I’ll try and find a picture so you know what I mean.

Looking to get measurements X, Y, and Z

5D64EF11-C3D5-4E9A-86FD-EF9B6116FB58.jpeg

Looking for measurements for:
26” 1937 Schwinn C model(no frame ears)
26” 1940ish Wards Hawthorne(with frame ears)
28” 1904ish hardware bike(no frame ears)
28” 1915ish Mead Crusader(no frame ears)
24” 1920ish Elyria/Colson(no frame ears)
20” generic drop-stand

With frame ears means drop-stand ears are built into bike frame. No frame ears means they are attached to the stand.

I had the same idea (fabrication). I am having some trouble locating the material. I think what is needed is hot rolled mild steel bar channel, 3/4" wide by 3/8" tall flanges, 1/8" web thickness. I can find it online, but the shipping (I estimate a 48" length to make a 28" drop stand) is about 5 times the cost of the material... Still trying to locate it locally (Seattle area), but no luck so far.

Looking for measurements for:
26” 1937 Schwinn C model(no frame ears)
26” 1940ish Wards Hawthorne(with frame ears)
28” 1904ish hardware bike(no frame ears)
28” 1915ish Mead Crusader(no frame ears)
24” 1920ish Elyria/Colson(no frame ears)
20” generic drop-stand

With frame ears means drop-stand ears are built into bike frame. No frame ears means they are attached to the stand.
Sorry Dane I don't have any of the listed stands.
Sean

Back