When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropouts determining year of a frame

-
Well I'm bored and I'm pissy:eek: but thats only because its snowing like hell, my bikes are in the barn, and theres no heat except a stinky old kerosene heater...:p Any good jobs in California?

I'd like some snow every once in a while:(
we get the cold but usually not the snow, one of the drawbacks of living in a desert.
Scott:cool:

another thing I would like to point out is from our perspective we tend to overlook the importance of the cantilever frame. when Schwinn introduced it it was entirely novel. we look back at years of cantilever middleweights of varying quality from thousands of makers but in the '30's when they came out there was nothing that looked as revolutionary.

Now there's a thought ... remembering that I want to create a cross-country bike, not a downhiller, I've been interested in the cantilever design. It looks as if it might act as a spring - if the bike was made out of good steel. Generally speaking they're not, right?, or is that a misconception?

I probably should've bought this bike, and would've, if I wanted to build a fun road bike. But it looks like it'd be too long to get around in the woods.

dsc02227.jpg

Lots of food for thought at those links, thanks

This site is for one of the original Marin builders
http://clunkers.net/index.html

From the prices, I don't think he wants to sell any bikes, but that's OK. :) I plan to keep the ones I've got too.

If you look close, the Elgin is kinda cute. It would be fun to have one for my girlfriend to ride.

(just having fun, I like Schwinns)

Back