When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropouts determining year of a frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So what happened to ole Bob in WV? I think you guys scared him off:p or maybe he changed his mind about finding a schwinn frame/fork and went with a new electra:eek: :eek: :eek:

All that my original question was meant to ask/say was that if you get wood from riding a bike because it has a Schwinn badge, that's great. Just don't be misled by people who put Schwinn on top of the food chain because of their narrow, misguided vision. In it's hey-day, Schwinn was like Honda. Reliable, well built and plentiful. Just not too creative in design elements or forward thinking like it's competitors of it's era. That's why many of us choose to drive Audis and BMWs. Why settle?

Ok, now that this thread has done it's job and given the answer it asked, we can have some fun and be educational too. for the newbies sit back and see the splendour of old bikes in all their variety, for you Schwinn guys I challenge you to find any Schwinns that match the beauty of these few "Brand X" bikes from the prewar era.

Those are insane bikes Scott...Very nice

Yes get up here on the side walk where it's safe away from the brand x riders on the small bus LOL
Oh now you've gone too far... Ok, you and me. Behind the back-stop after school. You can't hide in band practice all day waiting for your mom to pick you up either. I don't have a lot of time because I gotta get my braces tightened today!

Bigger is Better

The bigger the tank, the better the cool factor. 2 cents from the peanut gallery!
aerocycle-1.jpg

Oh now you've gone too far... Ok, you and me. Behind the back-stop after school. You can't hide in band practice all day waiting for your mom to pick you up either. I don't have a lot of time because I gotta get my braces tightened today!

Ok show down at high noon but watch out I have that guy Leroy in my back pocket who is bused in from the west side who was held back 2 years and is 1foot taller then all of us kids. He takes my lunch money for protection :eek:

Score one for the Schwinn team...

The bigger the tank, the better the cool factor. 2 cents from the peanut gallery!
That's definitely the Schwinn wild card that trumps most arguments, but not this one.... :rolleyes:

Ok show down at high noon but watch out I have that guy Leroy in my back pocket who is bused in from the west side who was held back 2 years and is 1foot taller then all of us kids. He takes my lunch money for protection :eek:
You tuba players think you're so cool with your flashy Gentle Ben lunch boxes and patches on the knees of your jeans, but you can't fool any of us over here in Latin club. Vedi Vini Vici!

aerocycle-1.jpg

WoW! Thats a beauty.What year,34? I'm curious,How are the dropouts fastened to the chainstays? Are they stitch or spotwelded? or other? Thanks, Pat

Back