When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Miller Headlights

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

usarnie1

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi all,

Today I completed a project that has been on hold for awhile. Previously I was able to purchase separately two identical small Miller headlights on e-bay. I used several spacers and an original European style headlight mount and hardware. I assembled the unit and mounted it on my 1953 Hercules Windsor Bicycle on its' headlight mount. I think they look spectacular! Latter, I will add the Miller generator and wiring to complete the project.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Today I completed a project that has been on hold for awhile. Previously I was able to purchase separately two identical small Miller headlights on e-bay. I used several spacers and an original European style headlight mount and hardware. I assembled the unit and mounted it on my 1953 Hercules Windsor Bicycle on its' headlight mount. I think they look spectacular! Latter, I will add the Miller generator and wiring to complete the project.

View attachment 1180623View attachment 1180624

View attachment 1180627

I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

View attachment 1180623View attachment 1180624

View attachment 1180627

I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice work. There is a dual headlight released by miller in '61/'62. I finally tracked one down. They run off a typical miller generator. I didn't realize until I had them in my hands that they are about half the size as the typical headlight of the early 60s. Pretty hard to find.

s-l1600.jpg

vintage-miller-bicycle-generator-bike_1_22bf2a1ee5226e47706c837746e113d5.jpg

Rennfaron,

Yes, your dual headlights are the smaller size, as are mine! However, each of my headlights have two bulbs and a switch on its' top. I will be converting both of my headlights to operate on two 5 LED E10 bulbs, so they only only pull .16 amps each out of my 3.24 Watt Miller generator. That means that the total current produced by the Miller generator is I = P/V or I = 3.24/6 or .54 Amps, which is more than enough current to operate two 5 LED bulbs, plus a two LED bulb for the tail light. Additionally, I will be adding a single 1 amp diode, in serries, with the positive output terminal of the generator, so the output of the generator will be converted from AC to DC.

Last edited:
Rennfaron,

The size of each of my Miller headlights are 3 3/4" Deep x 2 1/2" Wide.

Sizes are almost exactly the same. I guess I haven't ever seen smaller ones in the double bubble / switch lights. Now you have 6? lighting settings on your setup. I don't know if that is good or bad, but a lot of options haha. Or I could have gotten that wrong if there is no off setting on the lights. I can't remember if you can switch the headlight to all off or if there is always one illuminated.

Only left side on - both bulbs
Only left side on - one bulb
Only right side on - both bulbs
Only right side on - one bulb
Both sides on - both bulbs
Both sides on - one bulb on each side.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.09.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.10.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.10.19 PM.png

OK, your lights are not as deep as mine. Perhaps, mine are deeper to allow for the switch! However, the width is basically the same!

Today, I ordered (from e-bay) the LED's that I previously posted on the CABE. Additionally, I ordered red 18 gauge hook up wire from e-bay, to hook-up all the lights. I already have the one amp diode and terminal connectors. After I receive all the parts, I will let you know if all my calculations were correct. They should be, as it was only basic electronics.

I also made a modification to the tail light, as the positive connection to the light bulb is only held in place with a drop of plastic. I am replacing that drop of plastic with a Nylon plastic screw and nut, that the size is M3x8.

Regards,

Arnie

Last edited:
Back