When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Miller Headlights

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Am I misremembering that the Miller gen. sets are 3 volts.
I haven't looked at one in a long time, are they 6 volts?
In any case, thanks for the reminder to check the voltage before I order the bulbs.

Thank you!

I decided to add a full wave bridge rectifier to my headlight circuit. This will provide the headlights with DC voltage on both halves of the AC cycle. To accomplish this I needed to insulate the bicycles factory headlight bracket from the headlights. To facilitate this I used a section of 1 1/2" heat shrink tubing and my wife's hot air gun, to shrink the tubing over the slopped section of the bicycle's headlight bracket.

Then I ordered both a 25' length of dual red/black 18 gauge hook-up wire and the full wave bridge rectifier kit from e-bay.

I also ordered a project box to mount the circuit board and wiring into.

Last edited:
I was wondering about how much low speed flicker there would be with the half wave rectifying.
I see your kit includes a capacitor. That will help smooth the output and kill the flicker.
I didn't know that the Miller generators were AC output.

You are correct! With a half wave rectifier, you will get flicker while the bike is traveling less than 3 MPH. With the full wave bridge rectifier and filter capacitor, their is no flicker at all! That is why I chose to use the full wave bridge rectifier circuit.

Last edited:
Back