When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dulling Chrome

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
Need to dull chrome on front hub to match the almost pewter look of the rear hub. Question will an etching cream like the type used on windows give me a nice even dulled down result? I'd rather ask here first rather than waste the money on a product that I don't need.

Steel wool or a course scotch brite will for sure dull chrome to a certain extent. Then maybe buff out with a very course rubbing compound or install a hub shiner and then ride it for a few thousand miles.

Steel wool will only dull the chrome mildly. I've tried a scotchbrite pad as suggested, it dulled the chrome a bit more aggressively, but it didn't give me the quite the finish that I'm looking for. The CABE member in this thread that made a most astute observation as to how a hub might be dulled by me, offered to sandblast one, hopefully that will do the trick.

Last edited:
Back