When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dumb question? 24" vs 26" bearing cups

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Shawn Michael

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Are the bearing cups on a 24" bike the same size as a 26" bike? I don't have my 24" dx yet but it is in need of the bearing cups and crank assembly. If I had both for comparison I could probably tell, but I don't for now.
Thank's for any help, Shawn

I've swapped 24" to 26" cranks and never had any problems.only difference was arm length.I'll dig tomorrow and see if I have a 24" crankset.is it going to be skip tooth or standard?

American bottom bracket sizes are standard. Meaning, all one piece crank bb's are the same size, at least from the 30's on.

More or less.

That being said, the makers of bottom brackets aren't exactly the same, tubing thickness on the bb shell isn't always the same, and other minor differences contribute to not all cups fitting all frames.

The difference in cup sizes vary by a millimeter or two from brand to brand.

Schwinn is probably better at keeping theirs the same size, because of the massive amounts of bikes they produced.

So, yeah, yours should be the same as your 26. As said above, only the cranks (and usually chainrings) are smaller. Cranks for ground clearance, and chainrings for easier pedaling, chainguard fitment, etc.

That's helpful. Thank you. All my bikes were 26" and I haven't received my 24" yet. I'm still in need of the bearing cups and washers for the crank assembly.

Back