When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dumb rookie coaster brake mistake.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've disassembled and cleaned the rear hub on my '65 Spaceliner. I didn't take pics as I dove into a take-it-apart frenzy. I knew better. I always take pics, label/bag stuff, take notes. But not this time. Really dumb. Now I have a whole bunch of pieces with no real idea of how to put it back together. It's a Bendix that's marked RB2. Is there a parts diagram available? Haven't been able to find it specifically, on the internet. Shame on me. I feel really dumb.

I've disassembled and cleaned the rear hub on my '65 Spaceliner. I didn't take pics as I dove into a take-it-apart frenzy. I knew better. I always take pics, label/bag stuff, take notes. But not this time. Really dumb. Now I have a whole bunch of pieces with no real idea of how to put it back together. It's a Bendix that's marked RB2. Is there a parts diagram available? Haven't been able to find it specifically, on the internet. Shame on me. I feel really dumb.

rebuild instructions for that hub in vol 1

Amazingly, I got it all back together - the exploded view did the trick. Then I discovered...because I'm re-lacing the rim...I had to take it all apart again to access the spoke holes on the hub's flanges. So I'm getting plenty of practice. And yeah - RJ The Bike Guy had a useful youtube on it.

Did you just remove the rear cog to access the spoke holes?

Back