When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dumb rookie coaster brake mistake.

-

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've disassembled and cleaned the rear hub on my '65 Spaceliner. I didn't take pics as I dove into a take-it-apart frenzy. I knew better. I always take pics, label/bag stuff, take notes. But not this time. Really dumb. Now I have a whole bunch of pieces with no real idea of how to put it back together. It's a Bendix that's marked RB2. Is there a parts diagram available? Haven't been able to find it specifically, on the internet. Shame on me. I feel really dumb.

I've disassembled and cleaned the rear hub on my '65 Spaceliner. I didn't take pics as I dove into a take-it-apart frenzy. I knew better. I always take pics, label/bag stuff, take notes. But not this time. Really dumb. Now I have a whole bunch of pieces with no real idea of how to put it back together. It's a Bendix that's marked RB2. Is there a parts diagram available? Haven't been able to find it specifically, on the internet. Shame on me. I feel really dumb.

rebuild instructions for that hub in vol 1

Amazingly, I got it all back together - the exploded view did the trick. Then I discovered...because I'm re-lacing the rim...I had to take it all apart again to access the spoke holes on the hub's flanges. So I'm getting plenty of practice. And yeah - RJ The Bike Guy had a useful youtube on it.

Did you just remove the rear cog to access the spoke holes?

Back