When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dump find Miyata 610

-

Private_SNAFU

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This bike falls into the you never know what you will find at the dump catagory .
i picked it off the pile with a broken derailure , i got it home and investegated further to find out it wasent broken but the bolt that holds the derailure at the correct angle loostened up and allowed it to slip forward. 10 minuets later the bike was fixed.

i dont think i need to explain how suprised i was to find this bike , ill let the pictures do the talking.

unfortunately this is a bike for giraffes at a whopping 64 cm , I cant even climb on the bike at 5'11 .
I am trying to sell it local with no luck.

DSC03285.JPG

DSC03287.JPG

DSC03288.JPG

DSC03289.JPG

DSC03290.JPG

DSC03291.JPG

DSC03286.JPG

Last edited:
Cool bike. I love mine. yours is an earlier one without the Cantilever brakes. I see the fork is 1024, but what is the frame material? I lucked out with triple butted spline chromoly on my $50 25" bike. It's far from stock now with the only original parts being the frame, fork and headset.
I think I'm going to refinish the paint this weekend.

IMG-2698.jpg

That's a "chromoly" frame. Probably double butted steel which may not be quite as light as the triple, though I'm not sure. Probably a negligible amount. There were a few years when they were just 1024 frames which aren't as desirable. Nice find.

Welcome to the Cabe. FYI gotta have a price if it’s for sale. Glwts.

think they moved it on me , i never intended to sell it on here just mention for curious minds that it was for sale. rather sell it local which is what i am trying to do to avoid the shipping hastle.
just wanted to showcase my dump find hah.

i had this posted in light weights.

think they moved it on me , i never intended to sell it on here just mention for curious minds that it was for sale. rather sell it local which is what i am trying to do to avoid the shipping hastle.
just wanted to showcase my dump find hah.

i had this posted in light weights.

Gotta love free stuff! I thought I saw your post in the for sale section. Mods probably moved.

Gotta love free stuff! I thought I saw your post in the for sale section. Mods probably moved.
yeah it was here originally , got moved there due to the wording i used then moved back now that its fixed.
i was pretty suprised to find it original and in this sort of shape .... but its not the first . i have another dump bike i will be posting shortly .

yeah it was here originally , got moved there due to the wording i used then moved back now that its fixed.
i was pretty suprised to find it original and in this sort of shape .... but its not the first . i have another dump bike i will be posting shortly .

kinda sad what people throw away. At least try to give it away before you just chuck it. Some people just don’t care or want to make an effort.

Back