When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dunelt 5 Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
"Bob" is from bobtail. Truthfully, I was surprised by the reaction she got. I post a war-time CWC lightweight and it hasn't gotten one comment in a week, but I post a picture of a cat and she gets 7 likes and a love in the first day! But thanks for the suggestion, I didn't realize there were so many cat-lovers on the CABE!

"Bob" is from bobtail. Truthfully, I was surprised by the reaction she got. I post a war-time CWC lightweight and it hasn't gotten one comment in a week, but I post a picture of a cat and she gets 7 likes and a love in the first day! But thanks for the suggestion, I didn't realize there were so many cat-lovers on the CABE!

-----

Ah dunno Oilit...

...ye must ha' one peculiar perception iffin' ye thimketh that the lady resembles a truck. :rolleyes:

Not very flattering.

---

Know whatcha mean anent yer CWC post.

Ah kin spend a lot o' temporal units composing a message on something technical with explanations, illustrations and links only to have it generate little or no responda.

"BUT" iffin' Ah posts on something wheech moyte be considered "cultural" or "human interest" that generates good response. :confused:

-----

Correct - though the early road bike type Sprite was a level up from the later utility type Sprites. That was more of a performance model and would fetch more at market for a complete example. The utility Sprite was founded on the Sports model, with a few upgrades but basically just a sportier utility bike. If you have the even older, road bike type Sprite, then you're lucky because they're pretty uncommon in the US today.

Hello everyone,
The gear block on my ‘69 Sprite is an Atom (the one that takes small dia freewheel tool). Rims are SA but does have Dunlop tires and tubes. Sadly front tire has flat spot ( from sitting over many years?). I tried removing and remounting w/o success. You can see flat spot near bottom where double lines come closer to rim.

000FAA8F-586E-4124-9989-5708D92BBB69.jpeg

804ABFC5-58C5-45C6-8BE9-D20A58E10BC7.jpeg

-----

Wow!

Thanks very much for posting.

She sure looks like she is ready for a concours.

That model of Huret shift lever is one not oft encountered.

Huret catalogue pages of 1969 -

-----

Thank you very much for the “manette”brochure excerpt. I have seen Identical ladies versions of this bike but they did not have the end piece/handle on the shifter.

-----

the long version of the Huret shift levers seems to end about the 1971-72 time.

a rubber end cover, part nr. 1851, was also offered for these levers. fits both the long and the short versions. two colours observed are "natural" (off-white/light greyish) and blue.

the short levers of this pattern end about 1974

-----

Hello everyone,
The gear block on my ‘69 Sprite is an Atom (the one that takes small dia freewheel tool). Rims are SA but does have Dunlop tires and tubes. Sadly front tire has flat spot ( from sitting over many years?). I tried removing and remounting w/o success. You can see flat spot near bottom where double lines come closer to rim.

View attachment 1257232

View attachment 1257234
Wow! That looks like it was bought off the showroom floor just last week!

Last edited:
Correct - though the early road bike type Sprite was a level up from the later utility type Sprites. That was more of a performance model and would fetch more at market for a complete example. The utility Sprite was founded on the Sports model, with a few upgrades but basically just a sportier utility bike. If you have the even older, road bike type Sprite, then you're lucky because they're pretty uncommon in the US today.
Thanks SirMike! You have re-confirmed that I need to kick myself for letting that one get by!

It's hard to get deals like those because you usually have to see it right when the ad goes up, and you have to jump right on it. You have to be willing to see the bike, and immediately move in on buying it, which isn't the way some people are. I don't get deals like that either, because I'm usually too busy or want to look over what it is first. By the time I get to it, the bike is gone.

Back